Sunday, February 12, 2012

More WTF's from online dating

Here is another example of what not to do while trying to score an online date:

1. Do not let your initial opening line to me be "Wow u r hot!"  I promise that won't get a response from me.
2. Another opening line, "Hey, what's going on." followed by the next message being "So, you want to get together?"  Seriously, you do not know me, nor do I know you.  Why would you ever think that two online messages would be enough to get me to meet up with you?
3. If you ask me on a date and I tell you that I am doing something with my daughters, do not tell me to just bring them along.  Seriously?  If you want my kids along on a date, I'm going to question who you really are and what you really want.
4. And yes again, spell check people.  One or two typos on occasion are acceptable; a misspelled word in every sentence is not.
5. Above all, just be yourself. Do not pretend to be someone else just to score a date.  Some of us are actually looking for the right person; the one that we want to be with forever. Don't waste our time playing games.  If you want to play games, go pick up a woman at the bar.

1 comment:

  1. I have been single for almost 2 years. I tell my girlfriends that I am going to write a book on the stupid things that guys say trying to get a girl! I've encountered nearly every thing you have listed above and then some.

    ReplyDelete