Sunday, January 22, 2012

Online men categories

Who would've ever thought that online dating would bring out such a vast array of men?  I guess I assumed that my profile would have a tendency to attract a relatively narrow scope of men....boy was I wrong.

For those of you that know me, you know that I am a city girl at heart who is currently stuck in SW Kansas.  Below is a list of some of the men that have approached me online:

1.  The P90X poster boys-this is the type that look like they should be the poster child for P90X workout.  Muscles, hard bodies, and healthy eating fanatics.  This is the type that bring out my insecurities and make me wonder what they could possibly see in me....I'm just an average girl-why are they talking to me?  I have started going to the gym, but will never be  "hard body" and don't know if I can handle not being the "hot" one in the relationship. 

2.  The young boys-these are the ones that go in the WTF are you thinking file?  They range in age from about 21 to 30.  Yes, most of them are insanely hot, but I think I would feel like I was babysitting if I ever went out with them.  A slightly younger man is acceptable, but I am not looking for a Demi/Ashton relationship-we all see how well that works out.

3.  The illiterate-these are the ones that have never heard of spell check.  Really?  I work in education and I need someone that can communicate with me....not someone that will send me a message that I have to read like 15 times just to try to figure out what you are trying to tell me.  Believe me, I won't take the time to figure it out.

4.  The booty call boys-these are the ones that are only interested in "hooking" up with me.  Really?  Didn't you outgrow that in your early 20s?  I know that I did.

5.  The good guys-unfortunately this category is far too small.  I will admit that I've talked to a few in this category, but typically, they end up being very far away......just hoping that some actually turn into dates someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment